Salary anticipated to be in the range of £50,000 – £100,000 per year dependent on skills and experience.
Pro rata for part time working.
We are seeking an experienced professional and strategic thinker to join us as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who will sit on, and report to, the company’s board.
The CFO will oversee the financial and administrative functions of the company.
The CFO will ensure that the company is on a stable financial footing at all times, running forecasts and scenarios, advising colleagues of affordability of proposed investments, and create contingency plans for risks arising. They will lead on relationships with investors, banks, public bodies for grant funding claims, and other financial institutions where appropriate.
The CFO will also be responsible for maintaining, managing, and updating where appropriate, the company’s management systems, health and safety systems, HR processes, and Quality Assurance systems, and ensuring compliance. They will lead on the internal and external audit of such systems, where the company is currently accredited with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Cyber Essentials.
The CFO will initially be a part time role and line manage existing administrative staff. It is anticipated that in time the role will become full time and the administrative team will grow based on company need.
- Take responsibility for the administrative functions of the company
- Line management, leading and supervising administrative staff
- Ensure company solvency and a successful going-concern through excellent cashflow management, budget forecasting, budget management, and report to the board on such matters
- Maintain and manage relationships with relevant funders, investors and consultants
- Maintain the company’s formalised management systems, and through collaboration with stakeholders ensure they continue to be fit for purpose over time
- Lead on internal and external audits of the company’s management systems
- Ensure financial risks facing the business are well understood and effectively mitigated
- Set detailed timescales and put in place short-term governance structures, including the allocation of time-limited accountabilities, when delegating to deliver the requirements of the role
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven ability in a senior finance role
- Proven ability working with both commercial clients and public funding bodies like InnovateUK or similar
- Proven ability in either a SaaS based business or a time-based consultancy business, but preferably both
- Proven ability in the development and maintenance of management systems, including consideration of health and safety and quality assurance.
- A proven ability to successfully delegate, communicate effectively and concisely to specialists relevant to the role and laypeople alike, manage relationships with internal and external partners, and manage conflicts of interest that arise.
- Proven ability to manage others’ in delivery of work that is outside of your own direct area of expertise.
- Highly skilled in strategic thinking and associated decision making
- Proven leadership skills to motivate colleagues and bring people along with the plan
- Proven ability in managing debt and equity investors
- Proven ability working in a fast-paced rapidly growing company and successfully helping the business scale
- Proven ability working with international clients and with multiple different currencies
- Proven ability to manage HR issues that arise from time-to-time
- Proven ability delivering internal and external audits of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited management systems
- Experience in the engineering and/or renewable energy industries
- Experience during M&A events
- Knowledge of human factors and heuristics, and a proven ability to create systems of work to mitigate their potential to cause error
- Ability to effectively communicate in languages other than English that are relevant to the offshore wind market
Attributes and Behaviour
- Display our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, fairness and pursuit of excellence
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to relate well and professionally with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude and be team player
- Willing to ask for support when needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to self-improvement, both individually and within the team
- An understanding that working in a small, dynamic and rapidly growing company will likely mean job roles and responsibilities will evolve and change in time
- The right to work in the UK
- A Qualified Accountant
- A finance or economics based degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant subject from a highly reputable institution
- A relevant postgraduate qualification
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch and apply. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit with the Kinewell Team