About Kinewell Energy
Kinewell Energy develops and commercialises innovative technologies that add significant scalable value and impact positively on social and environmental challenges. Our first software solution, Kinewell Layout Optimisation of Cable (KLOC), designs an economically optimised inter-array cable layout for an offshore windfarm. KLOC was Highly Commended by the IET Innovation Awards in 2016 and typically delivers savings c. 20% of cable system CAPEX over the project lifetime.
We have a successful history of delivering both inter-array optimisation consultancy and KLOC licensing to European, Japanese, US and Chinese offshore wind markets. The team have delivered more than a dozen offshore wind cable layout optimisation projects, cumulatively totalling 13.1 GW. We collaborate with developers, EPC contractors and cable installers, cable manufacturers, consultancies, CPD training providers, research institutions and innovation funding providers.
The company has grown, and is growing, rapidly, achieving in excess of 100% year-on-year revenue growth. Further innovative scalable solutions are in development to accelerate societal efforts to decarbonise, particularly in relation to Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure and large-scale solar PV systems. As such, there is an opportunity to join our dynamic growing team and help us strive towards a net-zero society.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
We are seeking an innovative, flexible, and open-minded dynamic engineering professional to join our growing team.
You will support and deliver R&D projects that further our unique products and services, as well as identify new potential features and solutions that could form future R&D activities. You will also support and deliver consultancy projects to clients, based on your engineering expertise combined with the capabilities of our unique technologies.
You will be an excellent collaborative team player striving for team results, both internally and with clients. You will be able to take advice and support from more senior staff while also providing advice, support, and mentorship to more junior staff. You will be empowered to express your opinions and utilise your initiative.
You will be commercially aware and have an excellent rapport with both internal and external stakeholders. You will support the business development activities of the company through identifying potential revenue generating opportunities and developing both R&D funding and consultancy proposals. We are a North East based company, and the role will be predominately work-from-home based. When COVID restrictions allow, some national and international travel is to be expected. For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Andrew Jenkins, CEO of Kinewell Energy. Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undertake R&D activities from first principles to develop new, and further our existing, unique products and services.
- Research relevant literature to inform product development and support consultancy projects
- Identify and scope new features and solutions that could form future R&D activities
- Develop specifications for sub-contractors where external expertise is required, and manage the company’s relationship with them
- Utilise our unique products and services, coupled with your own expertise, to deliver consultancy projects to clients
- Deliver excellent training courses to external stakeholders on how to utilise our unique products and services
- Identify new funding and revenue opportunities
- Support the development of R&D funding proposals and consultancy proposals
- Coach and mentor more junior staff
- Maintain international company presence by participating in conferences and webinars seeking new opportunities in areas relevant to the company
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to
- write specifically and concisely
- communicate effectively with those whose first language is not English
- Experience delivering highly uncertain collaborative R&D projects, and an ability to undertake independent research
- Experience working professionally in an engineering context
- Ability to code software in a variety of languages
- A strong understanding of model-based engineering, the required accuracy for the task in hand, and the sources of error between the real world and the model
- Prior experience delivering international consultancy projects
- Experience using offshore wind inter-array cable layout optimisation software
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior staff
- Experience writing R&D and consultancy proposals, resulting in successfully funded projects
- A good understanding of the R&D funding environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in languages other than English
Attributes and Behaviour Essential
- Ability to relate well and professionally with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude and team player
- Willing to ask for support when needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- An understanding that working in a small, dynamic and rapidly growing company will likely mean job roles and responsibilities will change with new starters resulting in roles becoming increasingly specialised
- A STEM based degree at Masters level or above, from a highly reputable institution
- The right to work in the UK
- Formal educational qualifications in fields related to Offshore wind, Electric Vehicles, or Solar PV