About Kinewell Energy
Kinewell Energy develops and commercialises innovative technologies that add significant scalable value and impact positively on social and environmental challenges. Our first software solution, Kinewell Layout Optimisation of Cable (KLOC), designs an economically optimised inter-array cable layout for an offshore windfarm. KLOC was Highly Commended by the IET Innovation Awards in 2016 and typically delivers savings c. 20% of cable system CAPEX over the project lifetime.
We have a successful history of delivering both inter-array optimisation consultancy and KLOC licensing to European, Japanese, US and Chinese offshore wind markets. The team have delivered more than a dozen offshore wind cable layout optimisation projects, cumulatively totalling 13.1 GW. We collaborate with developers, EPC contractors and cable installers, cable manufacturers, consultancies, CPD training providers, research institutions and innovation funding providers.
The company has grown, and is growing, rapidly. Further innovative scalable solutions are in development to accelerate societal efforts to decarbonise. As such, there is an opportunity to join our dynamic growing team and help us strive towards a net-zero society.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
We are seeking a talented 16-24 year old at risk of long-term unemployment, to undertake a 6-month work placement part funded by the UK Government KickStarter scheme.
The primary objective of the role is to undertake a Research and Development (R&D) project in an area relevant to the company in support of new product development.
The specific project will be mutually agreed based on the successful candidate’s interests and abilities.
We are a North East based company, and the role will be work-from-home based.
You will have regular online meetings with senior members of staff to provide you with support and guidance. Kinewell Energy will provide advice, support, and guidance throughout the project, enabling the R&D work to have real-world impact.
You will be empowered to express your opinions and utilise your initiative. Where appropriate, and depending on business need, you may also undertake tasks to support our consultants in delivering international offshore wind consultancy projects.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Chris Mullen. Chris.email@example.com
- Undertake a R&D project in an area relevant to the company in support of new product development
- Where appropriate, and depending on business need, you may also undertake tasks to support our consultants in delivering international offshore wind consultancy projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write specifically and concisely
- A keen interest in societal decarbonisation, and the technologies that enable it
- Experience delivering educational coursework related to offshore wind, electric vehicles, and/or the decarbonisation of our homes and businesses
- Maths, English and Science GCSEs at grade C or above
- An A-level in a relevant subject, such as; Maths, Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science, or similar
- A degree in a STEM based subject
Attributes and Behaviour:
- Ability to relate well and professionally with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude and team player
- Willing to ask for support when needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
Hours per week
25 hours per week
Flexible as long as all hours are between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Hourly rate of pay
National minimum wage